Demo Site

Sunday, March 30, 2008

SOCIAL LAW I: Rat Race: The solutions

Sorry away for a long time,got really busy over the weekend and so had to finish up long awaited tasks.I have a working shceudule of 7 days a week and take off days when I feel I am exhausted.No fixed pattern.I was feeling a bit sleep deprived for a few days.Compensated that too
Anyways where were we.
Yes the social law I: The rat (race) menace.
Lets begin

Rockefeller said"Competition is sin"
I say"Competition is crime but yes learn to keep away competitors".
The only solution that I presume that exists for competition is true competition.Wait! What is that?
Well if I just mention competition it means to win some sort of a race or a match.But when I say true competition it means competing for a purpose . In a mere competition how you win does not matter and taking the advantage of this little insignificant fact most of take the short cut.They tend to defeat their competitor by the wrong and the evil means and not by the right methods which should be applicable.There are two ways to make a line look short on paper.Either you draw a lengthier line beside it,or you rub the line to a shorter length as compared to another line.My dear friends,the problem is it is the latter one,the cheeky one which people tend to adopt.
"But Ravi ji,don't you think that even though the second method is a bit cheeky one,but we win atleast.",asked a young lad to me,who had just applied this method in another case to erase a longer line but he himself got erased to a bit more shorter length. "Yes Chunnu Munnu",I replied giving a reason to feel to feel elated for a while and to be distressed in another,"there is only one problem though,since you are already short in length,even if you win someone othe make come and crush you or erase you.That someone other is either going to be shorter than you or a longer line who wants to get bigger by swallowing the shorter". He gasped because he had already met one of these Chenqiz Khan."So my dear Chunnu Munnu",I replied",By bringing down someone to your level and maybe below you what have you gained,just a short sense of superiority and elation.You didn't add any value to yourself or your skills.You didn't learn anything.You did not increase your standards.You remained where you are at the level that you were no more higher no more gain.On the other hand if you really wanted to defeat him,you should have worked on yourself,on what you have,your skills and your talent.You should have tried to grow higher than him.So sometimes else even if a shark comes to swallow you,you can defend yourself because you are stronger.This requires effort but don't you think it will help you in the long run."

So how does one save himself from the rat race:
1.Save yourself from jealousy.If that makes you feel that you need to defeat someone because he has something better than you,then remember you are never going to achieve the same in the long run and maybe you would never gain the status either that you wanted.In true competition,the other person who has achieved well will make you feel inspired and then you would want to achieve some greater heights as him or greater than him.And you will feel bad not because he is superior rather that you are inferior and thus taking the whole responsibility on your shoulders you would work hard to achieve greater heights.

2.You would invariably be called into the rat race.So learn to take your enemies seriously and not only focus on your work.Remember if you give them a chance,they would eat you alive.Oh sorry they wouldn't kill you.Coz they dont have their own creativity so they would only paralyze you so that you remain dependent on the system.

3.Don't let out whats in your head.People would get jealous which is out of your hand.Do not expect your enemy to show virtue.They fight with fear,you fight with confidence.If you are confident enough go ahead tell the people what you are going to do and lets see how they can stop you,which is something i love to do.Dont even tell your friends whats in your friend if you cant be tolerant on verbal and physical and yes psychological attacks.Maybe your friends may unknowingly leak out somewhere else.

4.Study the movements of your enemy step by step.They would befriend ou before they destroy you,the easiest weapon and the most effective one that your cowering enemy would resort to is emotions.I know the great ones have that as the weakes point,and that is what makes them stone hearted not because they do not have emotion,rather they divert 100% of their passion to their work and 0% to human beings because the latter become not worthy of being trusty.

5.Save your image and learn some of their tactics.First be polished and sophisticated like them a little bit just on thier face.I know this is tough but maybe if you cant speak lies and look false,but atleast what you can do is not speak the truth.Remember your enemies feast on your virtue. People do not keep good relations with the virtuous ones.They keep relations with the evils ones because these are the ones capable to harm them.

6.As long as you are convinced that you are doing great work, don't listen to what the mediocre are saying.They want to break you from inside.They want to invariably pull you inside the rat race.Do not give them a chance.Here is an example:
It so happened that Shimin Gupta,our topper for one of the sems,didn't top in the next one.So what happens
"But Nonupiy has greater average marks of four sems",exclaimed a concerned for all but for himself guy,Jhing Jhang, while I was sipping coffee in the canteen,"Shimin is around 8th in the class."But how do you know",I asked him.I has not even bothered to calculate my average,forget about others.Placement was one year away,why are they here."But Shimin should be topping no"interrupted a girl who was confused which as to which topper should she run after,what did matter whether he liked her."But what the hell",I said,"if its placements you are worried about,all are permitted above a decent 60 or 65 and very few ask for 70+,in any case Shimin is much above 70,so what does it matter.Even if he goes for GRE,that marks is pretty good.And much more then that he has knowledge and talent which other toppers don't.All keep competing with each other and doing mugga mazi and rather doing something solid."You don't understand Ravi",replied Jhing Jhang,"if Shimin does not top it is not good for us.A talent should be constrained in the system and not break it.Otherwise he becomes independent and our value decreases.Anyways got to go.I have to calculate my own average." "So you have not even calculated your own average and moreover who is in the top 10 is beyond your reach,still you are worried who has got what",I asked him curiously.
"Be practical Ravi you won't understand",he shot back.
"what is meant by being practical keep bring others down or keep rising myself ",I remarked but to no avail because he did not reply.
Soon after Shimin comes to the canteen looking tired and distressed."Bonjour Shimin bhai hows life?",I asked him jokingly when I saw him."Nothing much yaar just distressed",he said wearily."why so bro".I asked emphatically."I don't know yaar since the morning after the results came yesterday,everyone keeps telling me one thing that my average is very low and stuff.What the hell do they think I won't do well in the placements or what.I will crack everyone if they doubt me,but yes its distressing when everone keeps telling me the same every time.",he said and I assumed or saw a droplet fall from his eye,left or right I don't know.I thought a bit and then replied,"My dear they don't doubt you thats why they are pestering you.When do you thingthat they are going to get a better chance". "What do you mean",Shimin asked like a curious child when he first time sees an aeroplane.
"See my dear,you topped and you have talent technically and you have proved it.So I guess the people fear you beacuse they can't like greatness,they only fear it.They can't compete greatness in the truest sense so they either hide from it in its shadow or tend to destroy it.Now howdo you think they would get a better chance.Now they think you are falling so when a man is falling and if you happen to kick him downwards he would fall with greater acceleration.So thats what they are doing to you.They are kicking you.They want to trouble you,break you from inside.Thats their game plan.But yes they do not know what tenacity is.Dictionary does not explains it what a man who practices it feels it.So they won't succeed but they do not know this.Why do they care.They will hide in your shadow if you tenaciously bounce back or should you choose not to break and keep fighting.The choice is yours",I finally put into words what I wanted.
"Thanks Ravi,thats alot of insight.I guess I choose to fight them on and win it all"he replied with a breaking smile as if the curious child had got the aeroplane itself as the gift.

So friends you see how people play the social game and thus keep sticking to mediocrity.Hope this post helps you to fight mediocrity and thus the rat race.If I think of anything more I shall write it in a new post.This post is already getting too long.

0 comments:

Labels

10m rifle shooting (1) 3idiots (1) Aamir Khan (1) Abhinav Bindra (1) art (1) Atlas Shrugged (1) August Rush (1) Ayn Rand (1) Back from the dead (1) back from the wild goose chase (1) beat (1) Beautiful Skin (2) beauty (2) Beijing Olympics (2) bhaang (1) Bhopal Gas Tragedy (1) Bill Gates (1) biological verses psychological and social insanity (1) book review (1) bunkers (1) change (1) Creating Knowledge Power (1) Dancing Diva (2) DCE (1) DCE-IT-2K5 (1) defining moments (1) different mind (1) direction (1) dreams (1) engineering (1) Enrique (1) entrepreneur (1) entrepreneurship (1) Ethics and morality verses Practicality (1) exam (1) excellence (1) experimentation (1) FASHION MOVIE REVIEW (1) FEAR AND CONFIDENCE (1) Fight for the elective (1) Fresh Face (2) Galileo (1) German (1) God (1) Google Reader (1) greatness (1) happy (1) heart (1) Here I begin (1) Holi (1) Homer (1) Hyderabad (1) hypocrisy (1) Indian School Of Business (1) insanity (1) Interview with Tapasee Pannu (1) Interview with Tapasee/Taapsee Pannu (1) ISB (2) Jews (1) Jhummandi Nadam (1) Kangana Ranaut (1) know thyself (1) Law's Of Lies (1) Laws governing life (2) Legal Law (1) legend (1) life (2) LIFE'S MOST DEFINING MOMENTS (1) loose (1) love (2) Madhur Bhandarkar (1) Michael Phelps (1) Miss India (2) Modelling (2) MOVIE REVIEW (3) pageant (2) Pantaloon's (2) Pantaloon's Femina Miss India (4) Paper Presentation Contest (1) passion (1) Paulo Coelho (1) philosophy (2) Priyanka Chopra (1) purpose (1) RACE (1) Ramoji Film City (1) rat race (1) Ravi Manoram (1) review (1) selfish (1) Shindler's List (1) Singur (1) Social Law (1) societical law (1) Socrates (1) Software update (1) Stepping into Adulthood (1) Steve Jobs (1) Taapsee (3) Taapsee Pannu (5) Taj (1) Tania (1) Tapasee Pannu (3) Tapsi (5) TATA (1) The Bawana Chainsaw Massacre (1) The Business Of Tragedy (1) The trumpet to the war has been nlown (1) think (1) thinker (1) Treading an unknown path (1) Using Statistics to Lie (1) visionary (1) war (1) Warren Buffet (1) When Fear meets Us (1) Why this blog on life (1) win (1) winner (1) wordsworth (1) World War (1) you are my no. 1 song (1)

About Me

My photo
I am nothing but the manifestation of the VISION & REASON of your mind and the DESIRES of your heart.I never give explanations for the sheer reason that if u too embody the vision and the desires and willing to stand by them u wud understand me completely but the lack of which shall make u understand me remotely.I am governed by myself the most and least by anything else.I am as stiff as a rock and as free as the air,its only what I am when is even unknown to me.I am a person of extremities.Freedom & risk is the trade mark I carry with sheer pleasure.I am passionate about all my interests but I am never attached to them for life has its way of taking away the thing that you love the most.Why give life the chance?If u Love youself u shall love me,hate youself then u wud definitely hate me.